Best cheap laptop for video editing in 2017
Top laptop for finding the best and cheap laptop for video editing. It is important to keep several factors in mind when finding a cheap video editing laptop. You will have to spend quite a lot if you go into the market and spend on the most expensive laptop. While that too will work just fine for video editing, you might end up over spending. That is why we have made a list that will help you choose the best cheap laptop for video editing. Keep the following things in mind.
Capacity – Video files gobble up the storage like there is no tomorrow and that is we urge you to stay away from small size hard disks and eMMC type storage devices that fill up quickly. The minimum storage that should be there in your cheap laptop for video editing is 500GB. If it is possible, get laptop with SSD drive as that will boost the disk transfer speeds by a huge margin.
Graphics card – GPU is quite essential as most of them offer hardware encoding and decoding that can speed up the operations by quite a margin. The best dedicated graphics cards are from Nvidia and AMD. That being said, if you get one with a powerful processor, you will get smooth video experience.
Processor – CPU is quite important as well. To get the best possible experience, you ought to with atleast i5 processor. But an i7 laptop with standard voltage will guarantee you best performance. This will ensure smooth function. Quad cores quite essential as they help in speeding up the encoding process by a long shot. Also check the processor has support for multi threading tech as well.
RAM – While RAM is not that important when choosing the best cheap laptop for video editing, in order to keep the entire process smooth, get a laptop with atleast 4GB RAM. This will keep enough RAM free for smoother computing experience.
Here are the best cheap laptops for video editing.
Lenovo Ideapad 310
Lenovo Ideapad 310 is the best cheap video editing laptop under 500 dollars. It is powered by the most-powerful AMD laptop processor, the A12-9700P and is backed by powerful Radeon R5 GPU, whopping 1000GB hard disk and 12GB RAM. Couple that with large keyboard and dedicated numberpad, you have portable cheap desktop replacement laptop for your video editing needs and more.
* 15.6-inch screen with 1366×768 pixels
* Quad core AMD A12-9700P processor clocked at 2.5GHz, AMD Radeon R5 dedicated graphics card
* 12GB RAM, 1024GB hard disk drive, integrated DVD/CD-RW drive, 4-in-1 card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
Dell Inspiron i5555
Dell Inspiron i5555 is another cheap laptop for video editing under 500. It packs quad core AMD A8-7410 processor that is backed by Radeon R5 graphics. There is decent 6GB RAM onboard which is important to work with big videos. Dell has outfitted it with a big 15.6” display and large, spacious keyboard to let you work comfortably with videos.
* 15.6″ HD true-life screen packing 1366×768 pixels
* AMD A8-7410 QC APU with AMD Radeon R5 graphics card
* 6GB memory clocked at 1600MHz and 500GB hard disk, DVD drive that can read and write to DVDs and CDs, 7-hour battery life, 5.4-pounds, 1″ thin
Lenovo Z50 is a big, mainstream budget laptop for video editing under 500 dollars. It is powered by very powerful quad core AMD FX-7500 processor backed by Radeon R7 GPU. It comes with 8GB RAM and 1000GB storage which is plenty for your video and other multimedia needs.
* 15.6″ HD LED (1366 x 768) display
* AMD FX-7500 processor (2.10 GHz with Turbo up to 3.30 GHz), AMD Radeon R7 with shared graphics memory
* 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD, Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, DVD RW optical drive, 2-in-1 card reader (SD/MMC) media drive, Dolby audio, 4-hour battery life, 0.98″ thin, 5.15-lbs
Best cheap video editing laptop – Acer Aspire E15
Acer Aspire E15 is the best laptop for video editing around 500 dollars. It has everything you need in an ideal video editing laptop. It has specifications that put more expensive laptops to shame. Powering this Acer laptop is a powerful i7 processor that is backed by Nvidia GeForce GTX 940MX discrete graphics which provides excellent power for your video editing needs and more. It is great for gaming, audio production, engineering work and everything else that is GPU-intensive. It has some nifty features like backlit keyboard, fast 256GB SSD storage that you won’t find in cheap laptops. Couple that with 10-12 hour battery life and there is nothing that can dethrone this amazing laptop.
* 15.6″ FHD 1920×1080 display, 1080p resolution
* Intel Core i7-6500U ULV CPU that can run upto 3.1GHz
* Nvidia GeForce GTX 940MX dedicated graphics card wiht 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
* Backlit keyboard with numberpad, 256GB SSD, DDR4 8GB memory